Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Getting in the Holiday Spirit!

My desk at Whitney Management!
I love Christmas! 

I am so excited that Thanksgiving is over so I can finally get in the Christmas spirit without people judging me! 

As you know if you've read my previous blog post... I just started back at my old summer internship job... which means I have another office I get to sprinkle with Holiday Cheer! 

I love being surrounded by Christmas decorations because Christmas represents a really fun, warm, family-oriented holiday for me. 

Christmas was not always a fun time for me and my family... in fact, we still always get in fights and are very stressed when we get together for the holidays (I cannot remember the last time we decorated the tree without at least one fight).

Having just said that, you may wonder why I love this holiday so much and certainly why I associate warm-fuzzy family memories with this holiday... and the reason is because even though in the days leading up to Christmas my family may get in TONS of crazy fights, Christmas morning is magical!

There is no more satisfying feeling then when you know you have made or purchased the PERFECT gift for someone. To me, gift-giving is a way of showing that you truly care and have taken the time to get to know that person, and know exactly what they would love. 
The measurement for how awesome a gift is is not measured by how expensive, or how popular a certain item may be; but rather, how perfectly it reminds the recipient of a good memory between the two of you, or how useful it will be for the recipient's strange/weird/boring/old-lady hobby that they may love. For this reason, nothing makes gift-giving more boring to me then when someone wants a) money b) gift card or c) tells you exactly what they want. It takes the mystery and enchantment out of Christmas morning, and ends up feeling more like a chore then an exciting holiday tradition.

I am so happy that the holiday season is finally here. Are you? Do you love Christmas as much as I do? Do you have any wonky family traditions that make you either love or hate Christmas? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment