I love making pizza because you can make it exactly how you like it and it gives you the opportunity to be creative! You can also put pretty much anything you want on the pizza, so it's a great opportunity to clean out your refrigerator with any left over ingredients you may have.
- Purchase the ingredients. You can go fairly crazy with this and get whatever you like. For our pizzas we used tomato basil sauce, fresh and ground mozzarella, turkey peperoni, fresh baby spinach, broccoli, and pizza dough for the crust. Note: If you decide to use pizza dough (versus the pre-made crusts) don't forget that you will need flour in order to mold the dough!
- Preheat the oven to the degree specified on the pizza dough wrapper. We preheated ours to 450 degrees
- Take as much dough as you like (depending on how large and thick you want your pizza), add some flour and stretch it out into whatever shape you like - just because PizzaHut has perfectly round pizzas don't mean you have to! Tip: If trying this is a date night activity... try making a heart :) !
- Once you've made it as thick and large as you'd like, add a layer of sauce. Again, it is completely up to you on how much sauce you want!
- Now add your toppings! Get creative!
- Plop your pizzas into the oven and wait referencing the directions on your dough packaging. Just to give you an idea, ours were in there for about 20 minutes.
- Take the pizzas out when they look done, let cool, enjoy!
|Step 3: Spread out pizza dough|
|Step 5: Add your toppings!|
|Step 7: Let cool and eat!|