Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Internship Opportunities

An awesome thing about the curriculum at AMC is that most majors require you do an internship in order to graduate. Though at first glance this may seem like an inconvenience, it is really a blessing!

I completed my internship this past summer at a local property management company, Whitney Management. I was the Marketing Coordinator Intern and I got to learn a ton about making sales-pitch power points, e-newsletters, website design, social networking, and a ton more. I ended my internship just before school began and felt completely satisfied on what I had taken away from my experience.

Though what you learn during your internship is vital, what is more important (at least in my eyes) are the connections that you can make and the future opportunities that may result from doing a good job and putting forth your best effort.

I can attest to this, because just last week I got a call from Whitney Management asking me to come back to work part-time for them. I happened to be looking for a job anyway, so I am really excited to be able to go back to Whitney and continue helping out. Because I also work in the Financial Aid Office, Whitney Management is willing to work with me on my scheduling and give me very flexible hours. I am really grateful for the opportunity they are giving me and recognize that this opportunity would never have presented itself if I had not needed to have an internship and had not given my best effort.

My first day is Monday, November 26th - stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment