Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

My Thanksgiving Plate
Today was such a fun day, filled with family and giving thanks!! 

My Thanksgiving festivities started yesterday when my sisters and I all met up at my Grandmother's house to sleep over in order to be able to start the meal preparations nice and early on Thanksgiving morning! The four of us worked what felt like all day to make a ham, turkey, collard greens, mashed potatoes, sauteed mushrooms, bread, salad, some egg concoction, stuffing, and cranberry sauce! Everything turned out fantastic and just in time for when my mom, her boyfriend, and a family friend arrived.

My favorite part about Thanksgiving dinner...yum!!!
After our incredibly large feast, we indulged a little more on the ginormous pies and that my grandmother had bought. I think that pumpkin pie and coffee may be my favorite part of Thanksgiving. My mom also brought a pumpkin cheesecake from Sweet William's which was a huge hit, as you can see by the picture I snapped.

My Grandmother enjoying not cooking for once!
Though the food and desserts are always delicious, my favorite part of this holiday is the time spent with my family. As I have explained in earlier posts, it is not often that my immediate family is all in the same area, so when this happens it is truly time to treasure. I was able to snap a picture of my grandmother sitting back and enjoying not having to cook the meal (this is the first year that my sisters and I tackled the chore), and I also was able to teach my mom how to use Instagram! She is totally into it and just as much in love with posting pictures as I am!

The night ended well with my sisters and my mother driving back to my mom's house in the Northwest part of Connecticut. Two of my sisters (Nina and Rebecca) passed out into a Turkey Coma soon after we arrived home; but Andrea, my mom, and I stayed up and watched the 7th Harry Potter, part 1 & 2.

The next day Nina and Rebecca left back for Washington, D.C with a ton of Thanksgiving leftovers. 

My Mom learning how to use Instagram!
Where did you spend your Thanksgiving? What is your favorite Holiday? Did you help cook the meal or did you get to sit back and watch a football game?

No comments:

Post a Comment