Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pup or No Pup? That is the Question!

Patch
Living off campus is very different from living on campus. There are a few disadvantages to being a commuter, but at this point in my life the advantages outweigh them. My favorite 'perk' of living off campus is that we get to live with my boyfriend's dog, Patch. Patch is SUCH a cuddle bug and I quickly fell in love with him. He literally brightens up my day and is such a goofball!

While I am totally satisfied with having our little family consist of just me, my boyfriend, and Patch, my boyfriend has found another pup at the local animal shelter that he wants to bring into the house: Socks. Though I love dogs, this is a very hard decision for me... maybe you could help me with my decision?

Socks
My reasons to not adopt Socks: 
  • It's a huge commitment, are we ready to take on another dog?!
  • Not sure we have enough time to give Socks the time she would need to learn how to potty train, socialize, etc.
  • Dogs are expensive!

Zairis' reasons to adopt Socks: 
  • Has visited with her and he loves her already (and he doesn't typically like pitbulls)
  • Socks would be company for Patch when we're at work
  • Thinks we're ready for another dog / would complete our little family
  • More protection for our apartment (we life in a very rough neighborhood)
  • Will make walks and trips to to the park more fun
  • Wants the pup to learn from Patch because Patch is older (almost 5 years old)
  • May help Patch become more social with dogs, currently Patch is not very friendly with other dogs.

So now that you've got all the facts, what do you think... should we adopt Socks? Let me know your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. Adopt him!! He's so adorable and having 3 dogs myself, they really do keep each other company when you're not around. Since Patch is getting older, a younger pup may tune him into his puppy side as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, Gina! Unforutnatly, by the time I decided that adopting Socks was the right thing to do... someone else had scooped her up! :(

      We are always on the lookout though (now we have made a decision to adopt), so if anybody hears of a pup that needs saving... let us know!

      Delete