Saturday, February 16, 2013

Haircut at The Paul Mitchell School

So today I got a haircut! This is a big thing for me, because I haven't gotten my hair cut for at least a year and a half; usually I'm not too concerned with my hair, which is why it has been such a long time.

Today I got my hair cut because my long-time friend, Sam Bate, is attending The Paul Mitchell School - Danbury. Sam is in a year-long program from which, when she is done, she will graduate as a certified hair dresser, which is pretty cool! I make the hour-long trek to Sam's chair because Sam and I met back in 6th grade, and have been pretty good friends ever since! It's nice to have an excuse to go visit with her and catch up with all the going-on's in our lives. 

Another cool perk of having Sam cut my hair is that it is super cheap. For a hair cut and blow out today, I paid only $12! The reason the cuts are so cheap is because you are getting your hair cut by a student... so you have to take this into consideration. I wasn't too worried because a) I trust Sam and know she's fairly decent at doing hair (she's been doing my hair for dances since 6th grade!), and b) if there was ever a point where she wasn't sure, there was a teacher available able to either walk her through the steps, or do the cut themselves. For example: I wanted side bangs, which is something Sam wasn't comfortable doing just yet, so her teacher (a Paul Mitchell certified professional) came over and did them for me!

It was a really great experience and I will definitely be going back next time I need a trim. I know that Danbury is too far for most people in the New Haven area, but there is a Paul Mitchell School in North Haven, so if you're interested in getting your hair done for cheap, while helping a student practice... feel free to check out their website and schedule an appointment! If you're willing to make the journey all the way up to Danbury, I would definitely suggest booking an appointment with Sam - she's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment