Monday, February 4, 2013

Stay Confident

Thinking about the future and making the next step, whether its graduating from college and entering the "real world" or graduating high school and deciding what your next step will be,  can definitely cause a whole melting pot of emotions; one minute I am so excited I wish May would hurry and get here, and the next I'm so nervous and full of anxiety that I want to curl up in bed and hope that May never comes!

I think (and hope!) that this is a normal mixture of emotions. This weekend, what with visiting my sisters in Washington, DC and seeing yet another path I could take after graduation, I have been feeling a new emotion: self-doubt. Being surrounded by such a supportive community at Albertus has really boosted my confidence and made me feel somewhat like a big fish in a little pond; so to come to the nation's capitol, which is where the best of the best come to start their careers... it's definitely easy to start feeling like you're inadequate and may not have the right kind of stuff in order to make it in such a happening place.

So, instead of getting down on myself, I have decided I am going to surround myself with positive things, improve my life as best as I can, and start trying to truly believe that I've got what it takes to be whatever the heck I want to be! I started with changing the background of my laptop from the generic blank screen to a collage of motivational pictures. It's not only already making me feel better, but every time I open my computer it reminds me that I am going places and to stay focused on that goal (so I don't go on Facebook instead of writing my homework posts on eLearning!). Here are the pictures I selected for my collage:










So if you're looking for colleges or starting to apply for jobs and are beginning to doubt your ability, I suggest starting with a small step like this! I found these pictures simply by Google-ing "motivational picture quotes", there are hundreds so I just picked the ones that best applied to my life. One thing to remember is that when you surround yourself with positivity, you are bound to be more confident... and nothing is more appealing then confidence!

What about you, do you have any tips on staying confident and positive? What types of motivational and/or uplifting tools do you use?

1 comment:

  1. These are very inspiring. I like most the second to the last which states about Strength and being persistent of the river to cut through the rock. This symbolizes that we should keep persistence and faith that whatever hardship and anxieties we are facing now, we can succeed. I have also watched a video teaching people how to be confident and it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete