Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Aftermath of Nemo

I spy with my little eye... two cars!
So as you should know by now if you live in New England or have been paying attention to the news, we just weathered a huge blizzard, Nemo.

Nemo was a beast! My boyfriend, dog, and I were snowed in from Friday the 8th until today, so we're definitely ready to get out of the house! It was quite an experience, and honestly it was really good for me. Nemo put my life on pause for a good 5 days, which enabled me to catch up on my assignments and just take a much-needed breath. Albertus just opened up today for faculty and staff on an abbreviated schedule - classes are STILL canceled, which means in total so far, Nemo has canceled 4 days of classes.

My boyfriend working on digging out the cars
As you can tell from the pictures, we really got slammed. The snow covered our cars and after the plows passed, the snow piled up on our cars even more to create what seemed like a 10 ft mountain of snow! Digging out our cars was quite an ordeal that took a good 5 hours, with the help of our neighbors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment