Friday, February 1, 2013

Study Tip: Get a Partner!

Going into the 3rd week of the semester, I already have a good sense about which classes I will do very well in and which classes I may struggle with. This last semester of my undergraduate degree is looking to be smooth sailing - except for one of my classes: Money & Banking. This is an online course that is taught through Aplia and it is perhaps one of the hardest courses I have taken throughout my college career. 

Usually I love online courses; however when the material is hard, I find that the class being online makes it that much more difficult because the teacher is not readily there to answer your questions. Of course, the teacher is available to help during their office hours, but with my busy schedule I am not always available during their office hours.


Two heads are better than one!
So here's my tip: find someone else in your class that is also a motivated student and have regular study sessions were you complete the homework and help each other learn the material. We've all heard the old saying "two heads are better than one" and sometimes (even if you're both clueless about the material) it can just be beneficial to have someone there to bounce ideas off of, and because you both have a vested interest in doing well, it should motivate you to stay on time with the assignments and focused on doing well in the class, instead of giving up when it get's too hard (which is what I tend to do!).

So, for Money & Banking, I have teamed up with Gina! She is one of my friends from campus and is actually another Student Blogger, you can check her blog out here.

How do you get through the more challenging classes? Do you have a study partner or do you go it alone? Do you have any tips for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment