Thursday, February 7, 2013

Blizzard on the Horizon!

So as you probably know, we are expecting a blizzard here in the Northeast! I am really nervous... but also sort of excited!

Because there has been so much buzz about this storm, I have really taken a lot of thought of how I'm going to prepare for it. So far, I've filled up my gas tank (in case the gas stations lose power like they did during the last major snow storm), made sure all of our flashlights have batteries, picked up a few bottles of wine, and grabbed some snacks so that we wont go hungry! My boyfriend also purchased some tarps so that he could cover up our cars (I have a hole in the roof of my convertible... so the last thing I need is a few feet of snow resting on top of it!). So far, everything seems to be smooth sailing, all that we have left to do is some batch cooking (because you know how much I love to do that! If you don't already know, you should learn by reading what I batch cooked before Hurricane Sandy!), and wait for the storm to hit!


Email Alert from Albertus Emergency Alert System
I am really glad that Albertus has already announced that they will be closing for the storm. Earlier today, Albertus' Emergency Alert System sent out a message saying that the school would be closed tomorrow (Friday) and the next day (Saturday). Because I work at the school, this means I not only get the day off from classes.. but also from one of my jobs! Albertus is really good about letting students and faculty know when there is a cancellation. When you register for the alert system you can get a text message, phone call AND an email! In addition, when you log onto your online portal (called "myAlbertus") it announces in big red letters across the top of the screen; if you're paying any attention at all, you will always know if the school is closed!

I am really nervous for the actual storm, but I'm even more relieved for the opportunity to catch up on my life! I have got a ton of homework that I need to do, I need to apply for jobs for after I graduate, and my house needs some serious cleaning! I will definitely be taking this opportunity to catch up on my work... and maybe even jump ahead in a few classes! 

Are you going to be around for the blizzard? If so, what will you be doing with your long weekend? Are you excited to be snowed in, or would you rather be going to school or work? What do you usually do to prepare for huge storms like this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment