Thursday, April 11, 2013

Business Etiquette Dinner

Ann Lindsay of Style of Success
Last night I attended the 3rd annual Albertus Business Etiquette Dinner! This was my 2nd time attending this event and I feel so honored to have been able to go two years in a row!

The Business Etiquette Dinner is a networking dinner that the school holds for students and alumni so that we can mingle with each other in an effort to expand our network while also learning a ton about how to present yourself in a business setting. Each year the school hires a speaker to discuss a different aspect of business and how to conduct yourself in a professional manner.

This year's speaker was Ann Lindsay of Style of Success. Ann's job is to make her clients look professional; what this means is that she makes sure her client is dressed correctly and knows how to act appropriately in business situations. Ann spent a good portion of her talk discussing the proper business attire for men and women depending on the level of business being conducted, as well as proper manners when dining in a business setting.

I really enjoyed the Business Etiquette Dinner. The dinner was a great opportunity to meet and re-connect with people... it was also really cool because my aunt (an Albertus alum) came to the dinner, so we sat together and got to catch up a bit!

I really appreciate that Albertus take the initiative to host events like this because the information I picked up from this dinner is really fundamental stuff that every business student should know. In addition, it provided an opportunity to work on my networking skills... which is really difficult for me! At networking events I always feel awkward (because let's be honest... sometimes it just is!) so the more practice I have in this type of situation, hopefully the less awkward I will become!

I really benefited from this event because I am a Business major and this type of stuff is super relevant for me. What is your major? Does your school put on any events to help educate you on real-world scenarios?

No comments:

Post a Comment