Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Bowling!

You can start your own bowling club!
Sometimes, no matter where you live or what school you go to, it can seem like there is just nothing to do! This is how I was starting to feel a few days ago, so when my friend asked me and my boyfriend to join a very casual bowling league, we jumped at the opportunity! I also joined the team because it is a great way to meet new people and expand your network.

This league that I joined meets at Brunswick Colony Lanes in Wallingford, CT, which is just about 20 minutes from Albertus. It is very informal and really just a great group of people who wanted to have an excuse to meet up every week! What's really cool is that you can start your OWN league for very cheap, which is why I thought I'd blog about it!

The league meets 8 weeks and is $1 a week per player, each team in the league has two teammates, so it's really easy to get your teams started. If you're really into bowling and want to have your own bowling ball at the end of the "season" you can pay an additional $5/week and you will get it at the end of the session!

My boyfriend and I are a team, and we had a TON of fun! We played a team of two guys who were really good; we got murdered, but I'm going to blame that on the fact that I had fake nails on and had to bowl like a 5 year old and roll the ball between my legs. Needless to say I have taken those nails off and I am ready for next week's match... they're going down!!

My boyfriend bowling - what a pro!
If you decide to go bowling at Brunswick, the only think I would warn you against is eating there. We had skipped dinner before going bowling so we decided to just eat at the bowling alley; this was a huge mistake! As could have been expected, the food was sub-par (even for a bowling alley) and incredibly expensive (think: movie theater food, but worse).


What about you, do you like to bowl? Have you ever been in a bowling league? Would you be interested in joining or building your own league?


No comments:

Post a Comment