Monday, December 17, 2012

Family Visit

As you may have gathered from reading my previous blogs, I absolutely LOVE when people come to visit me in New Haven! This time, it was my future sister-in-law Zaimaris, and her 9-month-old daughter, Zairalis.

Zairalis was very taken with the ornaments on the tree!
Zaimaris and Zairalis came to visit for the entire weekend, which was a ton of fun. We had a great, relaxing time and it was such a treat to be able to spend a whole weekend with the baby! 

Because Zairis (my boyfriend) and I live in New Haven, we don't get to drive the 45 minutes home to Zairalis very often, which means our visits have been very few and far between. It has been such an experience to watch Zairalis grow up so fast between our visits, and it is amazing to see how big and smart she is for only 9 months old! 

Though the visit was so much fun, it was also a very good reminder to wait until I/we are absolutely ready to have children. Having a baby in the house for only a short two days was enough to make me realize that when a baby enters a family, everything changes. While this is how it should be, and I hope to one day to have children of my own; right now, as a 22-year-old college student, I am nowhere near prepared to have a child! 

How about you, do you want kids? Do you already have kids? Do you have any nieces or nephews that you absolutely LOVE to spoil?

No comments:

Post a Comment