Monday, December 10, 2012

Dentists, Dentists Are No Fun :(

One requirement when coming to Albertus is that you are covered under a health insurance plan. Albertus offers the option for you to stay on your parents' health insurance or join the school's plan (which is simply added into your tuition; this year it was about $1,000... give or take a few hundred). Because I was not on my mom's health insurance plan I gladly accepted the school's insurance plan. So far, I have found it to be a quite a help when I get my annual Winter Cold (which always seems to last the ENTIRE winter.. uhg!) and in treating the allergies I seemed to have developed since moving back from Texas.


My Dental X-Rays
One thing to keep in mind when making the decision of which health insurance plan to use is that the school's insurance plan does not include vision or dental. Because dental is not included, I pounced on a deal I saw at a local dentist office: $57 for a cleaning, x-rays, and dental-work plan (no insurance required. 

It wasn't too bad, actually. I had made an appointment on Saturday and the cleaning was very quick. It was kind've funky to see my x-rays (so I took a picture, naturally!)... and I was very happy to find out that I still don't have any cavities (woo-hoo!!)

The actual cleaning was a little painful. I absolutely hate having a dentist poke around my mouth with a drill and suction wand. Not only is it incredibly awkward, but sometimes it really is painful and felt a little bit like they were drilling right through my gums & teeth! 

The end product was good though - my mouth felt completely refreshed. I would recommend them to a friend... so I suppose I will recommend them to you! I went to Dr. Dental which is located on Amity Rd, heading from New Haven to Woodbridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment