Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Come One, Come All!!

On Monday, October 1st, I went to the first meeting for Women’s Lacrosse Club! Currently the Lacrosse program is in club-status, which means that it will not be a varsity level Division III sport team until next year. This will give our players a year to learn the game, bond, and practice before we go to the big-league!

I am so excited for lacrosse (lax) to start. I played lax in high school for two seasons and I loved it. The program at my high school was also in the development phase, so I was able to get a really great foundation in my lax skills, though not much more than that!

Unfortunately because I am a Senior this year I will not be here when the team goes official in the Spring 2014 season. I am pretty bummed about that, but I am so thankful that I get to at least be part of the process.

We are having our first Fall Ball practice this Thursday, October 11th from 4-5:30 pm. It is going to be such a great time – and you still have time to join if you’re interested!! We are looking for people to join the club and learn the game of lacrosse with us, so even if you have never picked up a stick before, we want YOU! We are all beginners at this point, so do not feel intimidated at all.


If you are interested in learning more about joining the women’s lacrosse team either as a current student this semester, or a prospective student for next year, we want to hear from you! Simply email Coach Jewett: sjewett@albertus.edu or tweet us at #amcwlax!!

No comments:

Post a Comment