Friday, October 26, 2012

Art... With a Twist!


My boyfriend and I just passed our 1 year anniversary a few weeks ago and I completely lucked out by stumbling upon the best anniversary present... ever!

One of the ways I explore New Haven is through livingsocial, which emails me a half-off deal every single day. About a week prior to our anniversary I received a deal for a small business here in New Haven called Art With a Twist.

Every evening, Art With a Twist selects a famous painting and guides the class to recreating it (you can check out the calendar of paintings here). They allow you to bring your own snacks and beverages (alcoholic or not) so it becomes a relaxing, fun, positive environment.

The owner, Bella Zadore, is a very cool women who only allows positive energy in her classroom (she will literally douse you in glitter if you show any signs of negativity!). Bella has mastered the ability to not only beautifully recreate paintings, but help others to do the same (a task MUCH harder then it sounds). She helped me break the self-prescribed label of "not artistic... at all" and encouraged me to create the beautiful painting I am holding in the picture here.

This was the perfect anniversary gift for my boyfriend because he is an Art Therapy major at Albertus and he adores doing anything artistic, especially painting.

We had a fantastic time and met some pretty awesome people. We will definitely be going back soon! Are you artistic at all? Which painting would you want to recreate?!

No comments:

Post a Comment