Tuesday, March 26, 2013

AMC Public Relations Internship


Today was my first day of yet another internship that I have taken on this semester! I am doing this internship purely for the experience as I do not need any more credits in order to graduate (yay!).

This newest internship focuses on Public Relations and is based out of the Marketing Department at Albertus Magnus College. I will be doing things like contacting newspapers, sending out press releases, following up with alumni accomplishments, and other things that relate to getting Albertus' name out there in a positive way!

I am really excited because Public Relations is a whole segment of Marketing that I simply hadn't thought too much about as a career choice, so I will get to learn more about that possible route, while adding a ton of valuable skills to my resume!

One of the many things I love about Albertus is the ample amount of opportunities that are available if you take the initiative to get involved. Albertus has literally tons of opportunities in every department and if you are motivated or interested enough there is likely to be a way for you to get some extremely valuable experience. I have no doubt that at a larger school I would not have been able to get this (or my other) internship, which translates into me missing out on a whole lot of job-prepping experience!

I am really excited about this internship and all of the exciting (or not so exciting, whatever the case may be) things I'm going to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment