Sunday, September 23, 2012

Tour Guide Training: Completed!

Yesterday I finally became an official Tour Guide for Albertus! I am so excited for this new opportunity to show prospective students everything that I love about being a student at Albertus.

The final part of my training was to conduct a practice tour for our Admissions Office Intern, Alicia. Alicia was really nice and it was actually pretty fun showing her around campus. Even though she had been through a few of these practice tours before with other Tour Guides, I liked giving her my spin on the campus and I had a ton of fun doing it.

In addition to becoming an official Tour Guide, I got my first tour guide appointments! My first shift as a Tour Guide will be this Saturday from 11 am – 1 pm.

I suppose the real reason I’m so excited about this position as an Albertus Tour Guide is because of how much my tour on campus really impacted my own college decision. The day I came to visit Albertus, I had also scheduled a whole day of tours with different colleges in New Haven. I had scheduled my private tour with Albertus in the morning and planned to go to group tours both at Southern Connecticut State University and University of New Haven. That was the plan, however, after my private tour with Kristy-Lee at Albertus I was so impressed that I decided to skip both of the other tours I had scheduled for the day! I knew Albertus was the place for me due to the small size, friendly people, and beautiful campus, so going to the other tours would have just be a waste of time. I credit my decision to come to Albertus to my tour guide; she was such a friendly person, answered all of my questions, and really showed me how wonderful Albertus truly is.

I am so glad that I decided to come to Albertus and have the opportunity to share my love for Albertus with others! Have you ever been on a campus tour at Albertus or another college? If so, what was your experience like?

No comments:

Post a Comment